If You See No Updates Here

Peep at our FB page, RitzDelight for the updates.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Steam Buttercream Wedding Cake

Somewhere towards end of December last year, I went to Lea Oven and this time, I learnt how to do steam buttercream for wedding cake.  This was my 1st time joining Lea's class.  Her class was comfortable, exciting and full of knowledge.

Steam buttercream cake is using ordinary buttercream to cover the cake.  But the finishing, is just like fondant.  But I have to admit, doing it for the 1st time with a very good teacher around, it seemed so easy. :), no kidding.  For those who really wants to learn about this steam buttercream method, I recommend you to learn from Lea.  And for those who interested to learn online about steam buttercream method, visit Yasmin of Bakingproject.com.

Let's look at the pictures now.

What did I tell you earlier?  Smooth as fondant.
It looks like the cake has been covered by fondant.  But it was truly, buttercream, - steam buttercream.  The surface was hardened when you touch it gently .  But do not press hard onto the steam buttercream.  When you cut the cake, it was very soft.

I learned to decorate 3-tiers wedding cake. 
The cake inside was sponge cake.
And the result, as you seen below.


Wanted to order 3-tiers wedding cake or steam buttercream cake for your special event?  Do drop email to me at rose@ritzarikitchen.com or ritzaribakery@gmail.com.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment will be moderated, so it may take several hours for it to appear on the blog.

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a message :-). I do read and appreciate them all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tips of the Day - Kitchen Tips

Tips for Baking

If you don’t have quite enough crust to top all your pies, there’s nothing to worry about. Make a design or roll out the crust as far as it goes. It will still look wonderful and taste delicious.

Need more tips? Visit our Tips of Day Page. We are adding it from day to day.

I Love BookDepository. Free Delivery Worldwide

Bookmark and Share

Our Slideshow